The Anytime Fitness workout company was founded in 2002 and is currently based in Woodbury, Minnesota. In 2014, the franchise was among the fastest growing and today has 3000 locations, in 20 countries. The clubs offer 24/7 access on 356 days of the year. Each club is independently owned so the amenities differ slightly. However, each club has the standard gym equipment, lifestyle classes, a wellness program, and personal training. Even with all these advantages, there are events that may make it necessary to cancel a membership. This article will explain the Anytime Fitness cancellation process, including any forms to use and fees to pay.
About Anytime Fitness
Like most other clubs, Anytime Fitness offers members a complete range of equipment. They also have a series of lifestyle classes, including spinning, zumba, cardio, and yoga. They are unique in the fact that all their facilities are open 24/7, 365 days of the year and offer a total wellness program and tanning services. These benefits place this company at the top of the industry and their membership prices make them very competitive. They offer a little more, for actually a little less.
The club’s trainers are professionals and they provide a free fitness consultation to all new members. They help devise a plan so that each member can progress toward their fitness goal. They also conduct one on one and group sessions.
Anytime Fitness Membership Fee
There are different types of memberships available at Anytime Fitness. Pricing varies slightly since the clubs are independently owned. However, one thing that all members pay is the $35.00 one-time key fee. The prices listed below are averages.
- Monthly Single – Initiation Fee $49.99 – Monthly Dues – $38.99
- Monthly Dual (Two Adults) – Initiation Fee $99.99 – Monthly Dues – $59.99
- Annual Single – Initiation Fee – $49.99 – Annual Dues – $407.99
- Annual Dual (Two Adults) – Initiation Fee $99.99 – Annual Dues $659.99
To review all the membership options and fees, visit the membership page.
Anytime Fitness Membership Cancellation Process
The Anytime Fitness cancellation process is managed by the individual location where you enrolled. You should check your membership agreement for all the details but a summary follows.
- Write a cancellation letter stating your purpose, the ending date of your membership, your personal contact information, and your account number.
- Send the letter to your local club. If your club uses ABC Financial or some other company to collect fees, then you need to send a copy of the letter to that company as well. These letters should be send by certified mail so that you get a receipt.
- Most clubs charge no fee for cancellation, but for those that have a fee, the cost ranges from $25 to $100.
You can also put your membership on hold for any reason. You can do this for a 3-month period once in a year. You actually continue to pay dues but your membership is extended by three months. If you choose this option, visit your local club or contact Apex Management at 888-827-9262.
Cancelling a membership seems simple enough but many members report issues with the process. The biggest problem is that dues continue to be collected even after the Anytime Fitness cancellation procedure has been finalized. If you have cancelled an Anytime Fitness, you are encouraged to share your experience.